Winter is coming and so is the year-end. This year things have been different and many have been eyeing plenty of vacation spots as well. However, the travel industry has also been slow for the workers as well as travelers.
But the silver lining to the gloom is presented by Alaska Airlines. They are bringing back their “Ski Free” promotion for the winter of 2020 and 2021. Avid skiers, snowboarders, and snow lovers one and all can enjoy their stay at the resorts with the proof of their travel. Sounds simple! There is something that is important, though.
How do you qualify?
You travel via Alaska airlines. One must be flying to and from the designated airports. Finally, make sure that you go directly from the airport to the resort. Most of the host resorts will take passes on the day of travel only. This indicates that keeping the pass for later use will not be fruitful in the majority of the cases.
The details of resorts applicable for each city are as below in alphabetical order:
- Alyeska Resort: For fliers from Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, Seattle, and Spokane to Anchorage
- Big White Ski Resort: Fliers coming to Kelowana get 25% off lift tickets.
- Bogus Basin: For fliers from Seattle to Boise
- Eaglecrest Ski Area: For fliers from Anchorage, Glacier Bay/Gustavus, Ketchikan, Petersburg, Seattle, Sitka, and Yakutat to Juneau
- Red Lodge Mountain: For fliers from Seattle and Portland to Billings
- Red Mountain Resort: For fliers from Anchorage, Boise, Portland, San Diego, and Seattle to Spokane
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort: For fliers from Anchorage, Boise, Portland, San Diego, and Seattle to Spokane
- Ski Marmot Basin: For fliers from Seattle to Edmonton or Calgary
- Steam Boat Ski Resort: Fliers from Seattle or San Diego can receive free ski passes for kids
- Whitefish Mountain Resort: For fliers from Portland and Seattle to Kalispell/Glacier Park
Make sure to check the website of the airline for all information.
Is the competition aware?
As this is the second year of the same promotion, we must laud their effort in keeping their tradition up in such testing times. However, various other airlines have been creative too this year to attract fliers.
Emirates started with an offer of travel insurance for all travelers. This was the first of its kind to lure a travel lover. Other airlines picked up unlimited flight passes as their magnet for people. Air Canada, introduced their Infinite flight pass which could be used from a month to a three-month period for unlimited flights at a flat rate.