Flying better has become serious business for Emirates. Amidst the Covid-19 challenge faced by the world and aviation industry Emirates has been a trail blazer.
Emirates have simply announced a deal of offering Covid insurance to its travelers.
Travel Insurance amidst Covid-19
Worldwide, the insurance companies have not given the cover for the novel virus. However, in an attempt to facilitate people, they have done something extraordinary. Emirates has been the first carrier and a path maker to offer insurance.
What Emirates is offering
The airline is making it simpler in such testing times. Their offer includes
- Medical expenses up to Dhs640,000
- The stated amount includes the cost of quarantining in a hotel for up to two weeks at (max cost Dhs430 per day).
- In case of passenger’s death due to Covid-19 the insurance cover will also provide Dhs6,400 towards the cost of their funeral.
Emirates Group Chairman Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum said ” “We know people are yearning to fly as borders around the world gradually re-open, but they are seeking flexibility and assurances should something unforeseen happen during their travel,”
Medical Insurance features
The offer by Emirates has a few cluases such as
- One must travel between July 23 and October 31, 2020
- The insurance cover is valid for 31 days from the boarding of the flight.
- It covers you if you travel onwards to another city ( by road, sea or any other mean)
- No registration demand
- If you get diagnosed with COVID-19 during your travel the airline will cover your medical expenses
- You can call +97142708825, or can send a WhatsApp message to +971563589937 to get support
A carling airline
Such a huge step must be a careful business move. In the current wave of business recession and major lay-offs, Emirates chose something well studied. Moreover, this is an excellent move to win over travelers and wipe the competition in an even better way.
However, one must read the fine print carefully to assess their situation well. One such finding is that they do not cover the cost of Covid-19 detection test.
Therefore, it is ana amzing propostion by the airline. Rather, a true strength of the brand. hwoever, it is to be seen how well the passengers use this service and put their faith into flying again. If this gives the satisfactio and relief to passengers there will be only praise for the airline. Also, it will be expected that others will follow them soon.