Airlines that innovate will shine on the business horizon. This is true, as with the consistent decline in the business of aviation some airlines are still innovating. Emirates is one such airline that tries to bring new products and quality service for their fliers.
Free Travel Insurance Details
This free travel insurance on top of Covid-19 cover begins from 1st December. This insurance also covers codeshare flights with other airlines. However, for other fliers, the tickets have to have the series begin with 176.
This package’s main features are as below:
- This package covers fliers of all classes and all destinations.
- Medical expenses up to $500,000 for out of country fliers will be provided. This includes emergencies as well as Covid-19 contraction.
- Travel cancellation up to $7500 for non-refundable costs. As per the policy, the traveler or their relative if are unable to travel due to Covid or similar risky reasons. Then, they will be able to avail of this feature.
- If the traveler is a teacher or student and the school year is extended beyond departure date due to Covid-19, also then there is a feature. One gets trip cancellation or curtailment up to $7500.
- As per the policy, if the traveler or their relative falls critically ill, this also includes contracting Covid-19. Consequently, there is a cushion of up to $7500 for non-refundable trip costs.
- In the case of abandonment of the trip, due to Covid-19 related medical tests at the airport or elsewhere. For such a case, the cover is given up to $7,500.
- If the traveler tests positive for Covid-19 while outside of their home country, then there is a cover as well. One receives $150 per day, per head for the 14 days period.
Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Emirates chief executive, said, “By launching this new multi-risk travel insurance and Covid-19 cover, we aim to give our customers even more confidence in making their travel plans this winter and moving into 2021.”